Monday, 10 November 2008
Просмотреть увеличенную карту
Can you explain the essence and historical associations connected with the words and word combinations?
England, Britain, Great Britain, The United Kingdom, The Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Union Jack, red rose, thistle, leek (daffodil), shamrock.
Answer the questions using the map.
1. Which is the correct and official name of the country?
2. In what way each of the other names is incorrect?
3. What are the main countries of the UK and their capitals?
4. What is the national emblem of each part of the UK ? Why was that particular emblem chosen?
5. Why did Union Jack get this name? What does it unite?
6. Which British part is not represented on the Union Jack? Why?
7. How is the Welsh flag called? What do you know about it?
Contest (6 points)
Lexical skills (5 points)
Grammar skills (3 points)
Срок выполнения до 24.11.08